Specializes In: Knee and shoulder conditions with a special focus on sports injuries including ACL tears and other ligament injuries, rotator cuff injuries, dislocations, labral tears, meniscal tears, patella instability or dislocation, hamstring strains and tears, overuse injuries, and throwing-related injuries. In addition, robotic partial and total knee replacement for knee arthritis.
Common procedures performed:
– ACL Reconstruction
– Complex knee ligament reconstruction
– Partial and total knee replacement using robotic technology
– Patella stabilization
– Cartilage Injury Treatment including transplantation
– Meniscal Tear Surgery
– Rotator cuff repair
– Labrum repair for shoulder instability/dislocation
– Tennis Elbow – Lateral Epicondylitis Surgery and “Tommy John” surgery
– Non-operative Throwing Injury Treatment
– University of Illinois College of Medicine
– University Of Iowa Orthopedic Surgery Residency
– Cincinnati Sports Medicine Fellowship
– Over 30 years of experience in sports medicine, knee and shoulder surgery
– Served as team orthopedic surgeon for the Columbus Blue Jackets and the two-time American Basketball League Champion Columbus Quest as well as numerous other high school and college teams
– Currently Orthopedic Consultant for Otterbein University and Ohio University Wrestling Teams and team physician for Grove City High School
– Multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals including American Journal of Sports Medicine, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Physician and Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy, Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research, and Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise.
– Authored 6 book chapters and edited 1 book on sports medicine
– Named a Top Doctor in Sports Medicine by Castle Connelly 2015-2018 and 2020-2022
– Received the Greg Brooks Award for his work and dedication to high school, collegiate, and professional sports
Dr. Wroble is dedicated to getting his patients back to sports and their daily lives. He provides every patient with individualized care using the most innovative approaches in sports medicine.
His scope of practice includes all sports medicine injuries from conservative to surgical treatments, as well as arthritic conditions of the knee. Dr. Wroble is a Chicago native and an avid Chicago Cubs fan. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry at Cornell University where he played football. He attended the University of Colorado at Boulder and received a Master of Science in Organic Chemistry. Dr. Wroble completed medical school at the University of Illinois and his orthopedic residency at the University of Iowa. While at Iowa, he worked with their National Champion wrestling team. Following his residency, he completed a Sports Medicine Fellowship at Cincinnati Sports Medicine. Dr. Wroble spent 5 years in practice in Cincinnati before moving to Columbus in 1992. He has been in private practice for 30 years in the Columbus area.
Dr. Wroble has four grown daughters and enjoys spending time with his four grandsons. He enjoys an active lifestyle including cycling, weight training, fishing, and scuba diving. He resides in German Village.